Win a free, professionally-produced Video Publication for your lab!
No purchase necessary — $4,200 value*
The contest winner will have their unique Gibson Assembly-based technique professionally filmed and published in JoVE, the first and only peer-reviewed video-based journal.
In partnership with the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE), New England Biolabs is proud to offer research labs worldwide* the opportunity to publish a unique method or technique utilizing its Gibson Assembly® products, in a peer-reviewed, video format.
Publishing your techniques in peer-reviewed video allows you to:
- Sustain and pass on vital lab knowledge
- Share your most challenging techniques with other labs
- Highlight your procedures in talks, with posters, or on your lab’s website
Submit Your Abstract by February 28th, 2014
Abstract must be between 150 and 400 words describing the objective, hypotheses, materials, methods and conclusions of your work. All abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of scientists, and the winner will be selected to have his/her work made into a video article and published in JoVE. New England Biolabs will contribute the full sponsorship cost to publish the winning abstract, and your publication will be available on JoVE in an open-access format. (See Requirements and Regulations link below for full details on abstract submissions.)
*Steps for entering the contest are listed in the link below. Please read them carefully. All submissions are subject to the JoVE Contest Requirements and Regulations.
JoVE Contest Requirements and Regulations
All rights reserved. All materials contained in this web site are subject to copyright and/or trademark protection laws.
New England Biolabs, Inc. (“NEB”) is incorporated company according to Massachusetts Law with headquarters in 240 County Road, Ipswich, MA 01938-2723.
MyJoVE Corporation, Inc. (“JoVE”) is incorporated company according to Massachusetts Law with headquarters in 1 Alewife Center, Suite 200, Cambridge, MA 02140.
NEB provides the information on this server as a public service to its customers, and reserves the right to change the contents of the information without notice. NEB is not liable for the accuracy, completeness, and/or reliability of the contents of the information provided herein.
By accessing this site you accept the terms and conditions of use as set forth below.
Video Grant Competition Terms and Conditions
- SPONSOR: New England Biolabs, Inc. (“NEB”) PUBLISHER: MyJoVE Corporation. 1 Alewife Center, Suite 200, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA.
- Methods and/or techniques must include use of the Gibson Assembly Cloning Kit (NEB #E5510) or Gibson Assembly Master Mix (NEB #E2611).
- Submission of an abstract between 150 and 400 words describing the objective, hypotheses, materials and methods and conclusions of your work.
- Winners must complete a formal manuscript submission for JoVE and agree to participate in the filming of their technique.
- Identify which product(s) are used in your method.
- No purchase necessary.
- Limit of only one award per entrant or affiliate lab.
- No cash value.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Complimentary JoVE Publication contest is open to scientific authors worldwide, JoVE’s filming support options are only available in a specified number of locations and winners are subject to JoVE’s restrictions on filming locations as stated on their website (http://www.jove.com/publish#2.1).
- NEB or JoVE employees, dealers or agents are not eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER: Promotion begins on Friday, November 22, 2013, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, February 28, 2014, at 11:59PM ET. To enter the Promotion, visit http://www.jove.com/publish/contest/neb. Submit your entry consisting of an abstract of 150-400 words.
To submit your entry:
- Go to http://www.jove.com/publish/contest/neb.
- Fill out the Submit Your Abstract Today form.
- Identify the authors and institutions involved in your proposed article.
- Provide a title for your proposed manuscript
- Click “submit” and you'll be automatically entered.
- NEB reserves the right to cancel or modify this Promotion in the event that an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria.
- By submitting an original abstract, manuscript, accompanying media and figures, each entrant represents and warrants that the content is entrant’s own creation and is 100% original work; is not subject to, and does not infringe upon, the rights of any third parties, including without limitation privacy or publicity rights; and is not defamatory, obscene or otherwise illegal. If “non-original” text or media of any kind is used, the entrant must certify permission has been granted by the authors, creators or publishers of that content. Entrants must have collected all data intended for publication of your finalized conclusions and representative results (if applicable) in your intended finalized submission to JoVE, prior to submission of entry.
- Entrants not complying with these requirements will be subject to disqualification. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP unavailability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter this Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. All entries including any abstract, manuscript, accompanying media or figures, as well as the content and ideas contained therein (collectively the “Materials”) become the sole property of NEB without any monetary consideration and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
- JUDGING/WINNER: All entries will be viewed and judged by NEB on or about March 15, 2014. “Sponsoree” winner(s) will be selected on the basis of how well they have an impact in their field, scientific content, concept/novelty, use of the Gibson Assembly Cloning Kit (NEB # E5510) or Gibson Assembly Master Mix (NEB # E2611) and value to the scientific community, as determined by NEB in its sole discretion. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail on or about March 31, 2014. Winner(s) are required to complete a submission of their manuscript to JoVE, within fourteen (14) days of attempted notification. Customized instructions for submission will be included in the potential winner’s notification. Each participant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. If the winner cannot be contacted within  calendar days of first notification attempt, if sponsorship notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner(s) rejects his/her sponsorship or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, if submissions fail to pass JoVE’s administered editorial or peer-review process such sponsorship(s) will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon sponsorship forfeiture, no compensation will be given. JUDGES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL ON ALL MATTERS.
- WINNING ENTRIES: There will be at least one JoVE article sponsorships awarded selected by the judges.
- Sponsorship, entails a grant covering the cost of the standard publication and production fees by authors. This includes editorial review, peer-review, scripting, filming within the limits of the regions outlined for the videographer network of JoVE at “http://www.jove.com/publish#2.1”, video editing, 2D conceptual or procedural animations representing the abstract, professional voice-over in English, 1 round of comments addressed on the “rough cut” of the video article, a final cut review, publication and hosting forever on JoVE in “Free Access” and including but not limited to indexing in PubMed, MEDLINE, SciFinder, PubGet. Additional fees apply to services outside of standard production which can include but are not limited to, 3D animation, additional filming days, multiple rounds of editing requests on video or script and extended 2D animations.
- GENERAL: Acceptance of a sponsorship constitutes permission by winner to use of his/her name, photograph, subsequently produced article, video, and/or likeness for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law). Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, stolen, damaged, mutilated, illegible, postage-due or misdirected entries or mail. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree to release and hold harmless NEB, JoVE and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, or participation in Promotion, or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- By submitting the Materials, each entrant irrevocably transfers and assigns to NEB the entrant’s entire right, title and interest, if any, in and to the Materials and all copyrights in the Materials arising in any jurisdiction throughout the world, including the right to register and sue to enforce such copyrights against infringers. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the entrant has no right to review or approve Materials before they are used by NEB, and that NEB has no liability to me for any editing or alteration of the Materials or for any distortion or other effects resulting from NEB’s editing, alteration or use of the Materials. NEB has no obligation to use the Materials or to exercise any rights given by this Agreement.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, by submitting the Materials, each entrant irrevocably waives all legal and equitable rights relating to all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, suits, damages and expenses, including but not limited to claims for patent, copyright or trademark infringement, infringement of moral rights, defamation, invasion of rights of privacy, rights of publicity, intrusion, false light, public disclosure of private facts, physical or emotional injury or distress or any similar claim or cause of action in tort, contract or any other legal theory, now known or hereafter known in any jurisdiction throughout the world (collectively, "Claims") arising directly or indirectly from NEB’s (including its affiliates, successors and assigns, and the employees, officers, directors and agents of each and all of them) (collectively, “Covered Persons”) exercise of its rights under hereunder and the use and exploitation of the Materials, and whether resulting in whole or in part by the negligence of NEB or any other person, covenants not to make or bring any such Claim against any Covered Person and forever releases and discharges the Covered Persons from liability under such Claims.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Potential winners will be notified and their names will be posted at www.jove.com/publish/contest/neb, on or about March 31, 2014.
This website is provided "as is" and might be subject to expansions, amendments and up-dates. Although NEB makes high efforts to provide accurate and up-to-date information to the public, NEB makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or topicality of the content of the site and assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions or possible obsolescence. In particular, NEB is not responsible for the content of any site you may link to from this site. Further, NEB assumes no responsibility for any damages or viruses that may affect your computer equipment or other property due to access, use or downloading of contents from this site.
All products or service names mentioned on this site are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The website, and all data, text, images, software, video or audio contained therein are for non-commercial and personal use only. No license to utilize the proprietary logo, service marks, or trademarks is granted by making them available on this website.
You are welcome to duplicate, store, and print copies of all information provided here for personal use, with the understanding that NEB retains the copyright on all media including text, graphics, and photographs. You may not, however, distribute, exchange, modify, sell or transmit any information of this website. Unless indicated differently, all material of this website is protected by copyright and shall not be used for commercial or public purposes without the previous written permission NEB.
You are also not permitted to link or "mirror" any part of this web site without the prior written permission from NEB.
Communication and Tracking (Cookies)
The website contains links to third-party sites which are not under the control of JoVE and NEB are not responsible for the contents on any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. JoVE and NEB are not responsible for web casting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. NEB is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that NEB endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party sites.