Jove Lab Bio
Cell Division — Lab Prep
- Preparation of Onion Root Tips and Solutions
- For the cell cycle experiment using root tips, first, leave an onion suspended over a beaker of water to grow roots for several days.
- Then, clean the onion roots of any dirt or debris.
- Next, in a 1.5 mL tube, dissolve 10 mcg of nocodazole per 1 mL of dimethyl sulfoxide solution, making 1 tube per student.
- Finally, set out all of the other tools, materials, and reagents from the list of materials onto each student's lab bench.