Dr. Qiao received his Ph. D degree from the Seoul National University (SNU) in Korea and postdoc in UC Riverside. Now he work as a professor in Shanghai Normal University in China. His work mainly focuses on the molecular mechanisms underlying microbial pathogenesis. In particular, he are interested in elucidating the strategies employed by fungi and oomycete pathogens to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of symbiotic relationship with plant hosts. His research aims to define the fungi and oomycete pathogens effectors required to cause plant disease and regulate specific physiological processes in host cells using reverse genetic, genomics and bioinformatics techniques.
1. Chen C, He B, Liu X, Ma X, Liu Y, Yao HY, Zhang P, Yin J, Wei X, Koh HJ, Yang C, Xue HW, Fang Z, Qiao Y (2020) Pyrophosphate-fructose 6-phosphate 1-phosphotransferase (PFP1) regulates starch biosynthesis and seed development via heterotetramer formation in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Plant Biotechnology Journal 18: 83-95
2. Zhang P, Jia Y, Shi J, Chen C, Ye W, Wang Y, Ma W, Qiao Y (2019) The WY domain in the Phytophthora effector PSR1 is required for infection and RNA silencing suppression activity. New Phytologist 223: 839-852
3. Qiao Y, Shi J, Zhai Y, Hou Y, Ma W (2015) Phytophthora effector targets a novel component of small RNA pathway in plants to promote infection. PNAS 112:5850-5855.
4. Qiao Y, Liu L, Xiong Q, Flores C, Wong J, et al. (2013) Oomycete pathogens encode RNA silencing suppressors. Nature Genetics 45 (3):330-333.
5. Qiao Y, Jiang W, Lee J, Park B, Choi MS, et al. (2010) SPL28 encodes a clathrin-associated adaptor protein complex 1, medium subunit mu 1 (AP1M1) and is responsible for spotted leaf and early senescence in rice (Oryza sativa). New Phytologist 185 (1):258-274.
6. Qiao Y, Piao R, Shi J, Lee SI, Jiang W, Kim BK, Lee J, Han LZ, Ma WB, Koh HJ (2011) Fine mapping and candidate gene analysis of dense and erect panicle 3, DEP3, which confers high grain yield in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Theoretical and Applied Genetics 122 (7):1439-1449.
7. Qiao Y, Lee SI, Piao R, Jiang W, Ham TH, Chin JH, Piao Z, Han LZ, Kang SY, Koh HJ (2010) Fine mapping and candidate gene analysis of the floury endosperm gene, FLO(a), in rice. Molecules and Cells 29 (2):167-174.
8. Qiao Y, Jiang W, Rahman ML, Chu SH, Piao R, Han L, Koh HJ (2008) Comparison of molecular linkage maps and QTLs for morphological traits in two reciprocal backcross populations of rice. Molecules and Cells 25 (3):417-427